Monday, November 25, 2013

4 days old...

Hannah is doing so much better. We believe the concerns about her heart and digestion are no longer concerns at this point. She's had a rough first 4 days of life. Our girl has been poked and prodded  and kept away from her parents more than any child should ever be. Despite everything, she continues to fight and heal.

Right now she is battling jaundice. She lives on top of a bilirubin blanket and has to wear dark glasses over her eyes for most of the day. We are praying that tomorrow's test shows the jaundice has gotten better. We believe if the jaundice goes away that the doctors will consider letting us take her home.

Mike and I visit her most of the day and night. We've been staying at the Ronald McDonald house for the last few nights. They've been amazing and I can't imagine how we would have done it without this place. It has been a blessing to remain so close to Hannah, but we are ready to be home. We miss our kids terribly. We've only seen Jake once in the last week, and I can't even put into words what it feels like to be away from Paisley this long. She visits us everyday but it is not the same. I miss rocking her and sleeping next to her every night. I never imagined I would ever have to be away from my girl for this long. My only comfort is knowing she is in the loving care of my mom and dad.

Please continue to pray that Hannah will be home for Thanksgiving. I continue to thank God everyday for this amazing angel He has given us. We can't wait to get her home and have our family back together again.

I'd be lying if I said this week hasn't been a struggle. In fact, I would say this has been the hardest week of my life. I have a new respect and spot in my heart for any mother and father that has ever had to hand over their newborn baby to the arms of the NICU. I can not imagine going through this without Mike, my family, and the loving support of our friends. I am overwhelmed by everyone's love, concern, and support. I pray that I will have very good news to report soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment